Online shoppers today on any e-commerce site, be it on Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal or any other site across the world rely completely on reviews and count them equivalent to a personal recommendation. Due to a greater affinity of users towards reviews, we see e-commerce giants having review system as a must-have feature for all the products displayed on their platform so as to give an in-depth analysis of the product to the consumer who intends to buy. If we get into the stats, it is estimated that 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations, this was revealed in a survey taken by Brightlocal (infographics below).
Thus, user reviews today helps as a catalyst to drive sales, gives rich user experience, user satisfaction, and loyalty.
To add something more to it – by embedding real-time messaging invites the organization to power their users with real-time review option via real-time communication. The dependency on reviews which raises apprehensions in users mind such as for being old and biased can be minimized. For instance, let’s consider that I am buying an Air Conditioner (AC) and one of the users who bought it has given a review after 3 months of product purchase saying it was good and worth the investment etc and today it has been 2 years since she purchased the product. But here, I am looking for a sustainable AC which lasts for long, hence, would want to know what are her views on the AC today (after 2 years of its purchase). I am sure, this kind of query must have struck/be running among various online shoppers. And, I believe this is where the real time messaging helps in connecting the prospective buyer with the existing buyer on real time basis. Given that a platform has a real-time communication feature, it will solve the purpose of millions of users who are facing this apprehension today and one would certainly tag it as a rich user experience once it comes into existence.
So how will it work?
- A potential buyer can approach the user who has already brought the product.
- Potential buyers can form a group and interact among themselves.
- Existing buyers will guide the potential buyers on a real time basis
- Online shoppers/buyers can interact with sellers and clear any doubts one might have.
What will it solve?
- No longer online shoppers will feel that this is a biased or a paid review.
- A potential buyer can get feedback from the existing customer about the product or can interact with the sellers offering the product.
- It will make buyers feel better and helps in taking quicker decisions.
- It will make an application/website an interesting place to shop.
With the rise in competition wherein user experience is a great force it becomes imperative for every application to have an established real-time communication channel. On top, it is just matter of minutes to integrate such an awesome user-friendly functionalities/features with readily available chat and messaging SDKs like Applozic.