Which is a better Chat API: Applozic or SendBird? This is a question that many app developers and product owners ask themselves. It’s hard to make the decision between two great platforms. We will try to help you out by explaining what each one offers and highlighting some of the differences in their features. Let’s first take a look at a few features that are central to chat performance of any app, and must be compared before investing in a chat solution.
Must-Compare Features of Chat APIs/SDKs
For businesses, a messaging app is a central channel for customer engagement and service, where users can report issues, request refunds, find customer support, and businesses can nurture users’ interests. A few features to compare when considering Chat or Messaging APIs are:
- An advanced, out-of-the-box feature for 1:1, group, or open channel messaging experiences.
- The ability for users to “react” to a post or message with a particular emotion.
- The ability to send push notifications on app launches, sales, or changes in price.
- The ability to record audio messages.
- The ability to send images or videos.
- Context-sensitive messages, where users can reply to messages with a response that depends on another context.
- The ability to send custom media, like GIFs and emoji.
- Support for users to send short videos.
- Built-in security features, including end-to-end encryption, authentication, and authentication of delivery.
- Built-in two-factor authentication.
- The ability to send private messages to users.
- The ability to send messages with location information.
- A smart messaging interface, which automatically delivers messages.
- Support for multiple languages.
- AI Moderation: Allow chat moderation, profanity filters, image filtering, user permission controls.
- Maximum number of connections allowed at once or chat members permitted in a group at once.
- Front-end components (for React, React Native, iOS and Android) to help developers reduce the time to build the chat frontend.
- Automated read receipts and delivery receipts to let users know exactly what is happening with their message before actually receiving it.
Besides offering a scalable backend, optimum security and complete customization, a real time chat solution is supposed to ship your in-app chat in hours. Any Applozic or Sendbird Alternative must offer you this much at least- let’s review other important features:
If you talk about getting started then both do well. The amount of time both APIs take to sign up to a new account and publish the first message is below 30 minutes, which means you can build your in-app chat within half an hour (wow).
The documentation and demo/tutorials are helpful for developers and must be easily available on the website. Applozic’s documentation is detailed and clear, and you get an API explorer, which cuts down developers’ efforts to half and they’re ready to read API documentation and test the APIs straightway. If you compare the getting started guides of both in-app chat APIs, you will find Applozic better. That said, in terms of code quality both stand equal.
Both SendBird and Applozic offer free plans, so you can create a free integration. The differences are in their paid plans. SendBird offers three paid plans: Starter, PRO, Enterprise. The lowest plan starts from $399 and offers basic moderation. Applozic recently launched new pricing – their Starter plan is priced at $149/month. Compared to Sendbird, Applozic is a more affordable chat API for any business to integrate in-app chat/messaging. Their plans are also free of overage charges or optimal concurrent charges unlike Sendbird.
First few places that developers like to go to when they feel stuck are channels like StackOverflow and Github. As a community of developers, specifically talking about the online presence, Sendbird is not as much active on these channels as Applozic; on their own website you may see more engagement though. Applozic is more active than Sendbird and has significant developer engagement on most of the channels; you can also access tutorials on their site.
Sendbird offers 8×5 ticket support in lower plans and 24X7 support to enterprise customers only. By paying extra, you can get chat access via Slack or get a customer success manager and quarterly business review too. Applozic offers 24/7 email support, emergency support (chat or call), and a dedicated CSM to its enterprise clients (with guaranteed response time of 4 hrs). There are no extra costs involved and their email support is available to all customers regardless of plans they’ve subscribed to.
If you’ve read till here, you must know that Applozic is at the moment servicing few of the most successful organizations and growing start-ups — and has reached over 10,000 developers. View their journey so far.
In the end, one of the biggest factors that you should consider when choosing a chat SDK is your desired end result. If you’re looking to get a quick implementation, and focused on customizability, Applozic is your best option. The API is developer-friendly and meets the needs of different sized businesses/apps fantastically.
That said, both Sendbird and Applozic are equal in terms of simplifying the process of adding chat to an application. You’ll find them easy-to-use and get a fully managed chat platform that reduces time to market. If you are still confused between the two, make your decision based on performance, scalability and pricing.