It was our customer’s use cases that encouraged us to write this article. We are going to highlight our Web SDK abilities and use cases that you can leverage with Applozic platform.
We introduced our Client API’s and Native SDK’s in Sep’2015, enabling developers to build cross-platform messaging for mobile, web and desktop. Since then, we have seen our platform being used in 100+ businesses but the most amazing part is that each of these implementations are unique in its own way. Each business has their own use cases and UI customizations, some with lengthy work flow and some even more complicated. Our highly simplified API’s and UI toolkit made it all an amazing experience.
Our Web SDK enables a variety of cross-platform messaging use cases:
Match making and Dating services
On-demand delivery services
Community building and group chat
Online events and Social networking
Cross device messaging for Delivery – Recipient, Customer – Agents
Marketplaces connecting buyers and sellers
Be it Bubble, SideBox or Full view, we have you ready to use UI: https://www.applozic.com/docs/web-chat-plugin.html#customization
We offer you the freedom to build a great messaging experience in any product. Our Web SDK will keep evolving with our extensive roadmap but your feedback and suggestions would always help us reach new highs.
The documentation is available as part of our developer portal, along with example apps: https://www.applozic.com/docs/web-chat-plugin.html#first-level
Sign up for Applozic developer account and get started: https://www.applozic.com/signup.html
If you have any questions about integration and customization, please connect with us over live chat and we will be happy to assist you.
Instant messaging, a term that entered common usage in the early 1990s, but the concept actually dates back to the mid-1960s. Multi-user operating systems such as the Compatible Time-Sharing System (CTSS),created at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)’s Computation Center in 1961, allowed up to 30 users to log in at the same time and send messages to each other. The system, which is perhaps closer to what we now think of as email, had hundreds of registered users from MIT and other New England colleges by 1965.
Since then, we have come a long way as today we have multiple ways to communicate. In case of buyer – seller interaction, we have options like push notification, in-app messaging, live chat and real time chat. In case, you want to understand the difference please read, “Difference between Real Time Chat, In-App Messages, Live Chat and Push Notifications”.
Let us now understand why in-app messaging seems to be the most effective way of buyer- seller interaction. But before that, let me tell you what in-app messaging actually is?
“In-app messaging (also known as in-app communication) is the act of messaging, communicating with users through a software application, either on a mobile phone or tablet device or through software on a PC.”
By now, you must be thinking,”so what’s the big deal about in-app messaging?
Before we dive deeper into the capabilities of in-app messaging, let us draw some understanding from a recent report released by Experian Marketing Solutions.
The findings of the report highlighted, “the top initiative for 2016 will be inclusion of in-app messaging”. In fact, they estimated that 44% of marketers will focus on installation of chat option in their application followed by 39% focussing on sms and 38% on push notifications.
This study affirms that in-app messaging is on the cusp of widespread adoption, and is primed to create more targeted, purposeful user sessions.
So, why is everyone after in-app messaging? Let me tell you why
- In-app message has a higher reach when compared to push notification as it gets rid of the headache of seeking customers consent before sending.
In case of push notification, a customer is expected to subscribe to it but only 45% of customers do that.
So what are you loosing?
A way to engage majority of your users (i.e 55%) and most importantly, a source to enhance your revenue.
On the other hand, in-app messaging comes with no constraint as users are guaranteed to receive notification leading to 8X higher response rate than push notifications.
- In-app messaging is estimated to increase the app launches by 27% and magnify the engagement rate by 3X!
It is because in-app messaging allows your customers to move from the grid of users to active customers through higher engagement and customized alerts.The probability of uninstalling your app within 30 days of downloading gets reduced,leading to an increase conversion rate up to 4X.
Source: Screen-shot of a buyer seller interaction of our client
- In-app messaging allows you to cater to the customers who already are your users. Thus, it helps marketers to create campaign which are highly targeted for existing users base. On the contrary, push notifications or SMS are often considered as source of invasion. In fact, lot of users have said, that they feel harassed as they continue to receive alerts even after the requirements are met.
IP messaging is defined as communications channels that rely on mobile TCP/IP data links for delivery rather than the traditional telephony network. IP messaging allows business to have a complete picture about messages they send. They can easily track if the messages were delivered/not delivered/read/not read.IP Messaging can help business to focus on core activities by reducing investment in marketing and operational activities. The time and cost spent on IP messaging is minimal when compared to sending SMS to that many offline users.
However, we are also of the opinion that marketers are yet to exploit the possibilities of in-app messaging as the segment is still in nascent stage. In-app messaging is mainly being used to broadcast generic messages to the entire user base leading to higher churn rates as users considers them to be spammy.
Applozic aims to help marketers to create customized campaign for complete communication solution. We help our users to have 1-to- 1, 1-to- many, group chat, context based chat with audio/video calling and sms/email fallback support.Also,we have designed a dashboard with rich insights and analytics to help marketers strategize their campaigns.
We aim to create an environment in which our users don’t be a victim of mobile engagement crisis and focus on using in-app messaging tools to combat churn and enhance user experiences.
Eezyrent is a simple rent utility that helps you find space for rent, or a tenant / flatmate for your place – 10 times faster, and at less than 1/10th the cost. It completely eliminates the broker from the transaction. Eezyrent searches and finds accurate matches for you for free, and you can then get a 100% valid lease & license agreement registered & delivered to you for as little as Rs. 1000/-, from the comfort of your home or office, without visiting the registration office!
That’s Eezyrent for you! “0% brokerage, 100% ease” – a broker-free marketplace for only end users – property owners and tenants – find each other, talk, and close the deal quicker, more reliably & more conveniently than ever before. Eezyrent has simplified the house renting for landlords and find the best match for tenants.
“We wanted a ‘WhatsApp like’ messaging system integrated into our system. Applozic has been a real boon in that sense. Their product and support is fantastic. Devashish & team are true partners… they know their stuff, are good listeners & very easy to get along with… like one’s own team… would highly recommend without any reservations” – Hemant Kejriwal, Founder and CEO @Eezyrent
- Users aren’t too keen to share their contact details with others unless prior to any relevance
- Messaging wasn’t real time – users didn’t know if the people they message were online.
- Furthermore, for the users to share images of their apartment, they had to fall back on emails – leading to delays, fragmentation of the conversation across messages, emails & phone calls.
- Property owners as a community are generally much older and relatively less tech savvy. Hence, all the friction was leading to delayed response which led to reduced communication… ultimately leading to fewer closures.
- Consolidated conversation/agreements history.
- Easy to use Real time chat/messaging for tenant-landlord communication while securing each party privacy.
- Ability to chat, send audio/video messages in real time with sms/email as fallback provided an end to end communication.
- All the messages/attachments/conversations stored at one place.
- Increased user base multi-folds with seamless communication
- Both tenants and property owners are happy as they accomplish everything in real time and being at one place.
- Eezyrent gets smart with data analytics to help people find their next rental house easily.