At Applozic, this year is all about improving the customer experience by allowing developers to customize their app as per user’s feedback and journey. We did some major changes last month, which you can find here. We continue our efforts in this direction and in our sprints of April we focussed on improving the product from the developer’s side. Here is the list of updates you must know about
What’s New on iOS
- Customize Your Notifications
Every application has its own unique way to engage its users for example- some focus on sharing text while some need to share media. Thus, to help the product team decide what they want to show in the notification banner, we now let you customize the notification banner for displaying in-app chat notifications.
- Manage Nuances Better
With our latest update, conversations will be clean as we now have a profanity filter in iOS too. In order to enable this feature, you need to upload a set of profane words or choose from the ones we already have. Keep the filename as ‘profane words list’ in the configuration. These words get blocked and if any user uses it then the messages don’t appear.
- Open pdf, docs inside the chat
Your users don’t have to switch apps for opening files and attachments anymore. The chat widget can now render and open .pdf, .doc, .txt and other file formats.
- Store your docs, media files separately
Decide where you want to store your customer’s documents, media files, etc as per your need. Yes, enterprise customers now can decide where they want to store files which are not related to chat using a simple click and select option from admin panel.
Other Features and Enhancements
- We have updated our APIs and will support applications starting from iOS 9. So applications will now be available with the latest features and improvements for iOS 9 to 12.
- You no longer have to wait after loading the application for the first time, it will be ready to use the moment you click on it. The data will be fetched in the background and you can continue using it right away.
- An issue was noticed when messages were being received even after logout, this has been fixed. So don’t worry about it the moment you log out, messages won’t come.
What’s New on Android
- Deployed A New and Smarter Version
We have released the latest version of our SDK for v5.44 which is far more smarter. This will reduce the time to deploy with in-built native functionalities and a number of important fixes for improved user experience. One major improvement is movies manifest entries to the library. Earlier you were asked to add the entries to your Manifest file following these steps. You no longer need to do it until and unless you want to customize.
- Logging your Issues Made Simpler and Private
Stop worrying about sharing complete logs of your application with us. You can now log Applozic logs separately automatically and share the same periodically to an email of your choice or to Applozic support. This will help us debug your issues much faster and easier. We also have added a feature to share the debug report specifically to our SDK as you release a new version. Set up an automated mail and relax.
- Groups Will Sync Faster
Groups which gets deleted will no longer be visible to users. We have also improved our synchronization capability for allowing old conversations from the group to load a lot faster. Managing community engagement is core to our chat experience and we look to improve it from time to time. An option to delete old groups has also been rectified.
Other Features and Enhancements
- We continue to improve our existing SDK by fixing some of the crashes we noticed.
- A number of issues responsible for applications not responding have been fixed.
Our top resource of ideas and fixes is your honest feedback. Please continue sending all your great suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.