Hope this year is going great for you too. We have done some improvements to all our SDKs. We have released ApplozicSwift SDK 4.1.0, Applozic Obj-C SDK 7.0.0 and Applozic Android SDK 5.73. For previous updates & feature additions, check out all our last month’s release notes. You must also subscribe to our newsletter today.
What’s New On iOS
- Improvement in email layout
Emails are evolving and still remains is a great channel to engage users for inactive users. If a user is not reading or messages are not getting delivered then fallback emails still remain the best option. To improve the chance of response we have introduced better ways to customize it.
- Support for Swift 5.0
We now support Swift 5.0 the latest & stable version of swift. The capabilities around the reimplementation of string, enforcement of exclusive access to memory during runtime and new data types have now been added.
- Enable History Load Via App Notification
With so many applications in users’ phones reducing time to load and showing the notification has now become important. To make taps on screens useful we have added a setting to allow loading of message history in a single tap on the notification.
- Easy to fix and identify keys
In order to facilitate developers to easily identify the keys relating to Applozic, we have added a prefix(‘AL’) in all constants. Now identify and edit codes faster :).
Other Features Updates
- An issue where multiple chat screens were being shown while launching the application through the notification tap has been fixed. [Obj-C]
- The issue where completion handlers were not being called in some methods has been rectified. [Obj-C]
What’s New On Android
- Dynamically Display the Last Screen
Users often get lost with the app as they click on the in-app notification. While improving the history-based loading we also figured out that we need to allow the setting of the parent activity of the chat loading and back screens programmatically.
For example: Setting the code via ‘ApplozicSetting.getInstance(context).setParentActivity(MainActivity.class.getName());’
- Introduced Mute All Notification
We have introduced the option to enable users to mute all notifications. This is based on calling the ‘user mute’ API.
- Improving Group Experience
We often had users struggling to read all the messages of the group as they may not be useful to them. We have added the support for resetting the unread count of the group if the user wants.
This can be done using the parameters in the ‘delete group’ method: updateClientGroupId and reset the count options.
- Linking In-App Screens With Rich Messages
We were supporting only the link button to open options relating to URLs. We have introduced the option to launch their in-app screens too. This feature is called ‘deep linking’ which can be enabled for buttons on rich messages.
Other Features Updates
- We have removed the contact sharing feature, device contact sync feature and all permissions related to contacts.
- We have fixed file access issues for apps targeting API level 29 and also an issue where files were not uploading on the first install.
- An important UI fix around rich messages was done while adding support for image and multiple buttons based rich message templates.
We are extremely thankful to you and your team for sharing continuous feedback with us. Please continue sending all your great suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.